County Judge David Hudson Calls for Volunteers
Sebastian County, March 22, 2017 – Spring is in the air and that means it’s time for our Spring Cleanup Campaign. Residents of Sebastian County are making plans this month to pick up litter, tackle illegal dumps and do whatever else it takes to put a shine on Sebastian County, according to County Judge David Hudson. This countywide cleanup campaign is in coordination with the Great American Cleanup.
They are counting on volunteers, young and old, to join in the local efforts for litter prevention, beautification and community improvement. The County Campaign will take place on Saturdays starting April 8th and go through May 13th.
“By working together to clean up our properties we all can make a difference and make our community a more beautiful, safer and healthier place to live, work and play,” says Judge Hudson.
As in past cleanup campaigns, dumpsters will be placed in several locations throughout the County in order for County residents to have a convenient place to bring collected trash for safe and legal disposal.
Dumpster schedules and locations are as follows:
- Saturday, April 8, 7 AM - 2 PM – Milltown - VFD - Community Building
- Saturday, April 8, 7 AM - 2 PM – Witcherville Park Hwy 71 South
- Saturday, April 15, 7 AM – 2 PM – Central City – City Hall
- Saturday, April 15, 7 AM – 2 PM – E. Sebastian Co. Park, Featherhill Road
- Saturday, April 22, 7 AM – 2 PM – Jenny Lind-Jenny Lind Loop & Gate Nine Road
- Saturday, April 22, 7 AM - 2 PM – Greenwood Rural – County Road Department
- Saturday, April 22, 7 AM - 2 PM – Greenwood City – 104 Bell Road
- Saturday, April 29, 7 AM - 2 PM – Greenwood City – 104 Bell Road
- Saturday, April 29, 7 AM - 2 PM – Hartford at the Water Department
- Saturday, April 29, 7 AM – 2 PM – Midland – Intersection 45 & 253
- Saturday, May 6, 7 AM - 2 PM – Bonanza – Street Dept. on Hwy 45
- Saturday, May 6, 7 AM - 2 PM – Hackett – By School Gym off E. Greenwood
- Saturday, May 13, 7 AM - 2 PM – Huntington – Cherokee Park
- Saturday, May 13, 7 AM - 2 PM – Mansfield – Public Works Building
The City of Greenwood residents may utilize dumpsters located at the Greenwood City Street Department North of the shop at the Recycle Center, 104 Bell Road, daily from April 22nd through April 29th during their week-long Citywide clean up. Hours of operation are 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday and 7:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. on Saturdays.
White goods (appliances, refrigerators, etc.) may be placed in a designated area with the County Road Department disposing of these items on Monday following the cleanup date in your area.
A separate trailer will be provided for the collection of electronics at the City of Greenwood on Bell Road and the Public Works Building in Mansfield on their designated cleanup day. Computers, TV’s and VCR’s etc. (e-waste) will be accepted with a trailer designated for these items.
The County has coordinated with the Westark Collection Center for individuals to dispose of up to four passenger tires, without rims, at the Westark Collection Center, 601 Oak Grove Road, Van Buren, AR.
There will be no pick up of tires during our County Wide Spring Cleanup.
There is no cost for individuals to dispose of up to four tires per visit at the Westark Collections Center. The site is open from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM Monday through Friday.
Dumpsters will be placed by 7:00 AM on Saturday and are available until 2:00 PM on the same day or until the dumpsters are filled. Dumpsters will be picked up by 2:00 PM in order to be hauled to the Landfill and dumped by closing time (3:30 PM).
NOTE: Dumpsters will be staffed at all times to assure that only acceptable wastes are disposed of. The following items are not acceptable in the dumpsters due to Landfill regulations:
- Yard waste, grass, leaves and brush
- Used oil
- Computers, TV’s or VCR’s
- Cleaning chemicals
- Herbicides or pesticides
- Paints or liquids of any kind
- Freon containing appliances
NOTE: Computers, TV’s or VCR’s “will be accepted” with a trailer designated for these items at the Greenwood Street Department on Bell Road and at the Mansfield Public Works Building during their designated Cleanup time. Please contact the Solid Waste District at 452-4104 for a complete list of E-Waste recycle centers with dates and time of operation.
NOTE: Tires “will NOT be accepted” as a part of this cleanup campaign
NOTE: Barrels used to burn trash “will NOT be accepted” as part of this cleanup campaign
This cleanup is for Residents only and NOT for Commercial Dumping.