The Veteran’s Service Office assists Sebastian & Surrounding County veterans and their families in applying for VA benefits. Benefits which they may qualify, including claims for compensation, pension, appeals, education, home loans, VA insurance, and various other related matters. We assist in a courteous and timely manner with any correspondence that the veterans and their families may receive from governmental facilities.
Each county in the State of Arkansas has a Veterans Service Officer for the convenience of the veteran. If you do not live in Sebastian County, find your VSO for your county at Arkansas Department of Veteran Affairs.
Sebastian VSO includes:
Joe Hardin, Director Veterans Service Officer [email link]
Kathy Wilhelm, Senior Deputy Veterans Service Officer/Office Manager [email link]
Jon Baker, Deputy Veterans Service Officer [email link]
Meredith Maurer, Receptionist/Secretary [email link]
• Complete applications for service-connected benefits with the VA Regional Office
• Complete applications for pension and widow's pension with Milwaukee Pension Center
• Complete applications for Aid-and-Attendance and Homebound Status
• Assist with overpayment waivers
• Assist with responses to correspondence from VA Regional Office, Milwaukee Pension Center, Debt Management Center, and DFAS