You are here:  Departments - County Judge - Roads - FAQ


The Road Department completed the asphalt overlay on Rye Hill East yesterday but due an ongoing road... Read More...
New Tool for County Roads! Western Arkansas Planning and Development District in conjunction with... Read More...

Jim Carter - email


201 S. Coker
Greenwood, AR 72936
Monday through Friday
7:30 am - 4:00 pm

Phone: 479-996-4485
Fax: 479-996-3110


  • How do I bring a local (non-county) residential road into the County system? County Ordinance 94-19 states that if local (non-county) residential roads meet certain standards the property owners may pay for the cost of the materials and equipment to build the road to County specifications. A new road must be designed by the developer and constructed to meet county road standards.
  • What can be done to maintain unimproved county roads? The county maintains unimproved roads with a motor grader; and maintains a crown in the roads so water will not collect in road but flow to the ditch line. The road department maintains these roads by placing state approved Class #7 rock on roads lasting 3-5 years before replacement is required.
  • How can road service be requested? If you have a service you need performed by the Sebastian County Road Department (blading, cutting downed trees...), submit a request online. The Road Department will contact you when the service can be scheduled.
  • How do I Determine Whether a Road is County Maintained?   Western Arkansas Planning and Development District in conjunction with the Sebastian County Judge produced a map of the road systems.  You can lookup a County address and, using the street legend, see it's maintenance status.  





Fort Smith Court House
35 South 6 St.
Fort Smith, AR

Justice Building
901 South B St.
Fort Smith, AR

Greenwood Courthouse
11 Town Square
Greenwood, AR 72936

Sheriff Department
800 South A Street
Fort Smith, AR  72901


©2023 Sebastian County | Web Design and Development by Local Creative Agencies |