• Where do I apply for discharge papers? You may apply for your DD-214 discharge papers at nara.gov and complete a Standard Form 180 or you may come to the office and pick up a form to obtain your DD-214, service medical records or military personnel records.
• How can I get a replacement medal? You may apply for replacement of any military medals you were awarded at the National Archives. These requests can take up to a year for results, and we cannot speed up the process.
• What are my benefits? There are various VA benefits for which a veteran or a veteran’s dependent may be eligible. Come to the office to apply, bringing the documents listed below.
• What do I need to bring to apply for benefits? If you wish to apply for VA benefits the following information and documents are required. In order to apply for a veteran’s compensation or pension, the following documents will be needed:
ALL - DD 214 - (Discharge papers showing actual service)
Marriage license (if going to claim spouse as a dependent)
Birth certificate & social security card of children under age 23, who are attending school and who are still living at home
Divorce decrees and/or death certificates of prior marriages
Medical reports - Name, address, phone #, date and reason seen (not VA clinic nor VA hospitals - those will be requested by this office)
If one receives Social Security one will need the letter stating current amount of benefits (usually receives in Dec.)
Social security number of present spouse
Account Information, routing number and the name of bank
• How can I enroll in the VA Health Care System? Enrollment can be done in our Office
• How can I reach area VA health care facilities?
VA CBOC Clinic in Fort Smith, AR : 479.441.2600
- VAMC, Fayetteville, AR: 1.800.691.8387
- Fayetteville Veterans Home: 479.695.0178.
• How can I find out if I’m eligible for services? For eligibility information and forms call 1.800.827.1000 Department of Veterans Affairs or visit the web page [www.va.gov].